- The Government has decided to not give any salary increment for public sector in 2010 and wages will be increased from 2011.
- Completing the resettlement of remaining 25000 IDP by the end of the year.
- Tax reforms will be introduced as per the recommendation of the Tax Commission.
- Seven tourism Zones have been identified for the development of tourism sector.
- Northern infrastructure including the A-9 and A-32 highways will be developed at a cost of Rs2 billion US dollars.
- 40,000 hectares of Fallow paddy lands will be cultivated in the North.
- US D 3 billion investment is expected in the tourism development with FDI/private sector and the govt investments.